Sun, Feb 19|
Stratumse Heide + Gijzenrooi, Eindhoven
Your Wild Escape
Escape into nature! A special nature walk across three different landscapes, with lots of wildlife to discover (light lunch included).
Date & Meetup Location
Feb 19, 9:00 AM
Stratumse Heide + Gijzenrooi, Eindhoven, (meeting at the parking near Reindierveld 47, Eindhoven)
About this event
Escape the city and join wildlife ecologist Nuno for a longer nature walk (with picnic) in two of Eindhoven's best natural areas: the Stratumse Heide and Gijzenrooi.
We will walk 10 km through three different landscapes - woodland, heather and fields - where we will look for black woodpeckers, crested tits, goshawks and much more wildlife.
Expect to encounter mighty Highland cattle, see falcons soaring above us, hear singing forest birds and find the first wild flowers blooming.
This is our first Wild Escape of 2023! Escaping the city for a different type of nature walk: in natural areas around Eindhoven (for now), focused on the wildlife we can find there! We will walk slighly longer distances, and with even smaller groups to improve the experience. And a light meal is also included, picnic style. Your chance to explore the natural world through the eyes of an ecologist!
Are you joining?
Included in this Wild Escape:
- You will be guided by Nuno, an experienced and enthusiastic wildlife ecologist, which will share all his knowledge and nature stories with you!
- Nuno will take his field telescope, binoculars to share and identification guides.
- A light meal with drinks (bread/cheese/spreads/nuts/cookies + water / tea / coffee)
- We will start (and end) from the parking at the entrance of the Stratumse Heide. (Address: Reindierveld 47, Eindhoven; coordinates: 51.411648, 5.504293)
- This Wild Escape will take place with a small group: max. 8 persons and min. 3 persons.
- The walk should be around 10 km long and take 4 to 5 hours - depending on what we find along the way and how much time we stop.
- Dress according to the weather and wear proper walking shoes or boots (watertight if it has been raining).
- Bring your own cup or mug, please. If you have them, bring your binoculars and/or photo camera as well.
Looking forward to meet you for our first Wild Escape!
Let's discover nature around us!
Nuno (Wild Eindhoven)
Escape the city and into nature!€35.00Tax: vat / btw included+€0.88 service feeSale ended