Sun, May 15|
Wild Foraging Walk
Join this outdoor workshop and learn about the most common edible wild plants!
Date & Meetup Location
May 15, 2022, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Genneperpark, Eindhoven, Genneperweg 143, 5644 RS Eindhoven, Netherlands
About this event
Would you like to start learning about edible wild plants? Are you curious about wild foraging?
Then this special nature walk is for you!
Along the Genneper park and the Dommel's margins we will look for a variety of wild edible plants. Many can be used as food, for tea or other uses. We will pay special attention to the most common ones, which you could find even around your home.
This Wild Foraging Walk will be hosted by Wild Eindhoven, with a special guest guide. Stern de Pagter is a nature enthousiast living in Eindhoven; going on a search for edible wild plants is one of his favorite ways to connect with his natural surroundings in a creative way. This possibility of interaction with nature is also his motivation to help others experience the same.
Some of the things we will cover along the walk:
- Introducing you to some of the most common edible wild plants that we can find around us - even in the city!
- Explaining some of the ways you can use them and how to prepare them.
- What cautions to have and why it's important to forage sustainabily and with respect.
- Tips on some books and references to help you further.
- The meeting point is in front of the Genneper Watermolen, in the Genneperpark (see map location; coordinates: 51.422939, 5.470109).
- The event should last 2 hours - depending on what we find along the way and how much time we stop.
- This nature walk will take place with min. 4 persons and max. 12 persons (subject to on the government regulations at that time).
- Dress according to the weather.
Looking forward to meet you there!
Let's discover nature in the city!
Nuno & Stern
Wild Foraging Walk - late registration€24.00Sold Out
This event is sold out