Sun, Jun 27|
Nature in the Genneperpark (11h-13h)
Curious about nature and wildlife in the city? Join me in an urban wildlife safari in Eindhoven's most popular park!
Date & Meetup Location
Jun 27, 2021, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Eindhoven, Genneperweg 143, 5644 RS Eindhoven, Netherlands
About this event
The Genneperpark is one of the green jewels of Eindhoven: a mix of grassy meadows and small woods, with the Dommel river on one side and the Tongelreep on the other.
It's early summer in Eindhoven, full with nature's sights and sounds: cuckoos calling, swifts flying high above and barn swallows busy attending their chicks. The grasslands are full with colourful butterflies, fast-flying dragonflies and buzzy wild bees!
A perfect time to go on a urban wildlife safari!
I will guide you on a walk along the Dommel and through the Genneperpark, always on the look-out for the wild animals and plants present there. There is a lot to discover and I will help you discover the city's hidden nature!
- There will be two wildlife safaris during that morning: starting at 9am and 11am (make sure you register for the correct time).
- In both you will be guided by Nuno, an experienced and enthusiastic urban wildlife ecologist, which will share all his nature stories with you.
- Each walk is open for 3 persons +me (following the recommended social distancing and subject to the government regulations at that time).
- The meeting point is in front of the Genneper Watermolen, in the Genneperpark (see map location).
- Each walk should last 2 hours - depending on what we find along the way and how much time we stop.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes (watertight if it has been raining) and, if you have, binoculars and/or photo camera (not mandatory!).
Looking forward to meet you there!
Let's discover nature in the city!