Nature in the Genneperpark
Date & Meetup Location
About this Walk
The Genneperpark is one of the green jewels of Eindhoven: a mix of grassy meadows and small woods, with the Dommel river on one side and the Tongelreep on the other.
It's early summer in Eindhoven, full with nature's sights and sounds: cuckoos calling, swifts flying high above and barn swallows busy attending their chicks. The grasslands are full with colourful butterflies, fast-flying dragonflies and buzzy wild bees!
A perfect time to go on a urban wildlife safari!
I will guide you on a walk along the Dommel and through the Genneperpark, always on the look-out for the wild animals and plants present there. There is a lot to discover and I will help you discover the city's hidden nature!
- There will be one wildlife walk during that morning, starting at 9am. (Following changes in government regulations, I decided to cancel the 11am walk and increase the number of places for the 9am walk)
- You will be guided by Nuno, an experienced and enthusiastic urban wildlife ecologist, which will share all his nature stories with you!
- The wildlife walk is open for 6 persons +me (following the recommended social distancing and subject to the government regulations at that time).
- The meeting point is in front of the Genneper Watermolen, in the Genneperpark (see map location).
- The walk should last 2 hours - depending on what we find along the way and how much time we stop.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes (watertight if it has been raining) and, if you have, binoculars and/or photo camera (not mandatory!).
Looking forward to meet you there!
Let's discover nature in the city!