Sun, Aug 15|
The Groote Heide – surprising landscapes and tiny creatures
Come and explore the arid landscape of the Groote Heide and neighbouring Stratumse Heide!
Date & Meetup Location
Aug 15, 2021, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Eindhoven, Bunderkensven, 5646 HD Eindhoven, Netherlands
About this event
Wild Eindhoven invites you to explore the arid landscape of the Groote Heide and neighbouring Stratumse Heide!
It's the peak of the Summer, one of the best periods to visit the heathlands of the Netherlands: the fields of heather are flowering and these short shrubs paint parts of the landscape with purple and pink!
Despite it's apparent dryness, these are very rich natural areas, and hold a few surprises. Join us for a nature walk through sand and woods, passing along several flowering fields of heather.
Along the way, we'll look for animal footprints, find tiny bee houses on the sand and we might even come across the mighty Scottish Highlander cattle!
There is a lot to discover and Nuno will help you uncover this area's hidden nature!
- The meeting point is close to the Bunderkensven bus stop. IMPORTANT: From here we will go *by bike* to the start of the walk (~1,5km), so make sure you bring one.
- The walk itself should be around 5 km long and last 2 hours - depending on what we find along the way and how much time we stop.
- You will be guided by Nuno, an experienced and enthusiastic wildlife ecologist, and he will share all my nature stories with you!
- This walk is open for 8 persons (+Nuno) (and subject to on the government regulations at that time).
- The plan is:
9:00 Get together
9:15 Departing by bike to Stratumseheide
11:30: We should be finished and back where we started.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes - we will be walking on sand most of the time - and, if you have, binoculars and/or photo camera (not mandatory!).
Looking forward to meet you there!
Let's discover nature in the city! Or its surrounding in this case... :)