Sun, Apr 02|
Birdwatching for beginners - Get to know the birds around you!
If you want to start birdwatching or learn about the birds of your city, then this is for you! Join us in the 2nd edition of this outdoor workshop!
Date & Meetup Location
Apr 02, 2023, 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM
About this event
Ever wondered what are those birds you keep seeing in the park or even at the bus stop? And which birds are coming to your back garden or balcony? Do you want to start birdwatching but don't know how to begin?
Then this workshop is for you!
Sunday 2 April 7:00h - A three-hour long outdoor workshop and training session in the Dommelplantsoen, Eindhoven.
- During this outdoor session, I will help you identify the birds we see and hear, how to recognize them and tell them apart from the other species. I'll share what I know about their habits, nesting places, and why they are important to us and to nature.
- Even though it is located in the middle of Eindhoven, the Dommelplantsoen is ideal for this: it has a high diversity of (urban) birds in a relatively small area, which is great to practice identification skills and get familiar with the most common birds. And it is easily accessible for everyone.
- And why start so early? On a Sunday? Well, birds start their day early and right after sunrise their beautiful song chorus is in full slendour!
Before the outdoor session I will send you a few digital resources to get you started on the basics:
- Tips and tricks to help you started with birdwatching, in the city and anywhere
- Best times for watching (urban) birds & How to find the best spots in a city
- How to choose your binoculars; good birdwatching field guides; useful and interesting websites
In the end of this workshop, you won't look at your surrounding the same way!
- No previous experience needed and everyone is welcome.
- This workshop is open for max. 10 persons only (and min. 4 persons to take place).
- You will be guided by Nuno, an experienced and enthusiastic urban wildlife ecologist and birdwatcher!
- For the outdoor session: dress according to the weather and bring comfortable walking shoes (watertight if it has been raining) and, if you have, binoculars and/or photo camera (not mandatory).
Looking forward to meeting you there!
Let's discover nature in your city!
Nuno (Wild Eindhoven)
Birdwatching for beginners - regular registration€40.00Tax: vat/btw included+€1.00 service feeSale ended
Birdwatching for beginners - late registration€45.00Tax: vat/btw included+€1.13 service feeSold Out