Sun, Apr 10|
Online + Outdoors
Birdwatching for beginners - Discover the birds in the city!
If you want to start birdwatching or learn about the birds of your city, then this is for you! Join us for a full morning outdoor workshop with an short initial online session.
Date & Meetup Location
Apr 10, 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Online + Outdoors, Dommelplantsoen, Eindhoven
About this Walk
Ever wondered what are those birds you keep seeing at the bus stop and at the park? And which birds are coming to your back garden or balcony?
Do you want to start birdwatching but don't know how to begin?
Then this workshop is for you!
We will start with a short one-hour online session on Thursday evening (7 April). Then on Sunday morning we head outdoors!
Thursday 7 April at 20:00h - An one-hour online session to get us started on the basics:
- Tips and tricks to help you started with birdwatching, in the city and anywhere
- Best times for watching (urban) birds & How to find the best spots in a city
- How to choose your binoculars; good birdwatching field guides; useful and interesting websites
Sunday 10 April 8:00h - A three-hour long outdoor workshop and training session in the Dommelplantsoen, Eindhoven.
- Even though it is located in the middle of the city, the Dommelplantsoen is ideal for this: it has a high diversity of urban birds in a relatively small area, which is great to practice identification skills and get familiar with the most common birds. And it is easily accessible for everyone.
- During this outdoor session, I will help you identify the birds we see and hear, how to recognize them and tell them apart from the other species. I'll share what I know about their habits, nesting places, and why they are important to us and to nature.
In the end of this workshop, you won't look at your surrounding the same way!
- No previous experience needed and everyone is welcome.
- This workshop is open for max. 10 persons only (and min. 4 persons to take place).
- You will be guided by Nuno, an experienced and enthusiastic urban wildlife ecologist and birdwatcher!
- For the online session I will send you the link sometime before it takes place.
- For the outdoor session: dress according to the weather and bring comfortable walking shoes (watertight if it has been raining) and, if you have, binoculars and/or photo camera (not mandatory!).
Looking forward to meeting you there!
Let's discover nature in the city!
Nuno (Wild Eindhoven)
Birdwatching for beginners - late registration