Sun, Feb 06|
Winter nature at the Karpendonkseplas
A wintery walk, on the look for some wild winter visitors.
Date & Meetup Location
Feb 06, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Karpendonkse plas, meeting in the corner of Insulindelaan and Javalaan
About this Walk
Tired of being at home this winter?
On the first nature walk of 2022 we will head out to the Karpendonkseplas in Eindhoven, looking for different wintering water birds sheltering in this lake and other wildlife in the surrounding park.
Many ducks (and other birds) move to the cities during winter, to take advantage of the food and warmth available, making it a perfect time of the year to see several different species.
Nuno will take his telescope, so we all can see how they look like up close. He will guide you on a walk through this area, always on the look-out for the wild animals and plants present there.
Curious about nature and wildlife in the city? Join us then!
- The meeting point is in the southern tip of the park, on corner of Insulindelaan and Javalaan (coords 51.450221, 5.499013).
- This walk is open for 6 persons (subject to on the government regulations at that time).
- You will be guided by Nuno, an experienced and enthusiastic urban wildlife ecologist, which will share all his nature stories with you!
- There will be two starting times during this morning, 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. make sure you register to the right time.
- Dress according to the weather and, if you have, bring your binoculars and/or photo camera (not mandatory).
Looking forward to meet you there! Let's explore the city's nature!
Nuno (Wild Eindhoven)