The Magic of Autumn in the Eckartsebos
Autumn colours in the season of mushrooms! Come explore one of Eindhoven's urban forests.
Date & Meetup Location
Eckartse bos, Van Oldenbarneveltlaan, 5631 Eindhoven, Netherlands
About this event
Our popular Autumn walk will return in 2023!
This time in the Eckartse Bos (also known as Wandelpark Eckart) in Eindhoven, a large woodland in the edge of town.
We will soak in the warm colours of the trees turning golden brown, yellow and red. Jays and red squirrels are busy stashing away acorns for winter. Different mushrooms will be sprouting everywhere, and we will find many along our walk.
I will guide you through this forested park, always on the look-out for the wild animals and plants present there. There is a lot to discover and I will help you uncover the park's hidden nature!
- The meeting point is in the parking space along the Van Oldenbarneveltlaan, before the entrace to the water treatment plant of Waterschap de Dommel (coordinates: 51.457748, 5.504399)
- This walk will take place with min. 4 persons and max. 12 persons (subject to on the government regulations at that time).
- You will be guided by Nuno, an experienced and enthusiastic urban wildlife ecologist, which will share all his nature stories with you!
- Be aware that this is not a mushroom harvesting walk.
- It's good to bring watertight walking shoes - some paths may be muddy and wet - and, if you have, binoculars and/or photo camera (not mandatory).
Looking forward to meet you there!
Let's discover nature in the city!
Nuno (Wild Eindhoven)
Autumn in the Eckartse Bos€15.00Tax: btw/vat included+€0.38 service fee